The concept of satellite constellation is more or less obvious for space systems experts; as many would conceive them as a group of satellites which jointly perform a definite mission. However, fewer ones may have detailed knowledge about architecture and technical features of constellations.
This course intends to shed some light on this topic and provide participant with a brief description on technical features behind the design and operation of constellations.
The Secretariat of Asia-Pacific Space Cooperation Organization (APSCO) and the Iranian Space Agency (ISA), are planning to jointly organize the following distance training course on "Satellite Constellations", during December 09-10, 2020. In this regard, the APSCO Secretariat has invited ISNET Member States to attend the aforementioned distance training course to be held online using the ZOOM or a similar platform.
The course includes a three-hour offline section which presents educational movies followed by a three-hour online section. The offline section covers all the theoretical contents of the course and participants will have access to the movie prior to the online section. The online section starts with a brief review on the offline content along with Q&A. Then a satellite constellation design and analysis project will be reviewed.
It is a basic level course and requires general knowledge on Orbital Mechanics.The course is open to all ISNET member states. To apply, please fill the attached form and email it to [email protected]
Section1: Introduction to Constellations
- Characteristics and attributes
Section 2: Designing a constellation
- Coverage analysis (the concept of street of coverage)
- Constellation pattern design (star, delta, hybrid, etc.)
- Examples of satellite constellations (details of famous constellations)
- Complimentary topics and references
- What to study for further research
- Review of the offline content
- Constellation design project
Following the course, participants will:
- Have a general knowledge on the concept of satellite constellations and applications
- Be capable of distinguishing different satellite constellation patterns
- Be familiar with the process of satellite constellation design
- Become familiar with current renown constellations in the world
- Be familiar with relevant sources for further study
How to Apply
To apply, please fill the attached application form and email it to [email protected]
25 Nov 2020